If you recently received a diagnosis from your Madera, CA dentist that involves a dental crown, you might be wondering what exactly that means and how it works. At Keledjian Dental, we explain all of the procedures we recommend before getting started, but if you need a little refresher on crowns, you can read on.
Dental crowns replace the enamel of a tooth that has suffered from decay, trauma, fractures, or that has recently received a root canal. Dental crowns also make teeth look nice again when they have excessive wear or discoloration that causes a short or dark appearance.
When is a dental crown used?
- To cover a sensitive, damaged, or worn down tooth
- To make a tooth look more uniform with the rest of the smile
- To add length or improve the shape of a tooth
- To protect a root canal-treated tooth
- To anchor a dental bridge in place
- To cover the top of a dental implant
Call Keledjian Dental to book your dental crown appointment
Dental crowns typically require at least two appointments to complete - one to prepare the tooth and one to restore the tooth. That is because we work with a local, trusted dental lab to create our crowns for our patients, and quality takes time. If you are a Madera, CA resident and want to learn more about tooth-saving dental crowns, give us a call.