If you have a dental emergency in Madera, CA, we provide treatment as soon as possible. The idea is to prevent severe damage to your oral health and prevent pain from increasing.
Sometimes, people attempt to treat toothaches with over-the-counter pain relievers like Ibuprofen. Unfortunately, this masks symptoms temporarily, making you forget you have a toothache.
While you’re forgetting, you may be doing irreversible damage to your tooth. You may end up needing an extraction or ongoing treatment to restore your oral health.
Dental Emergencies in Madera, CA
Root infections are one of the most common, and the characteristics include:
- Toothache or increasing sensitivity
- Gum pain and swelling
- A blister or bump on the gum
Your dentist can relieve your pain and save your tooth with timely intervention. If you wait, a root canal treatment can be canceled due to the need for an extraction.
Other dental emergencies include:
- Tooth trauma
- Broken tooth
- Broken restoration
- Lost tooth
- Tooth or jaw injury
If you’ve suffered a body trauma—for example, a car accident—we strongly urge you to go to the emergency room and contact our team after you’ve been declared safe by a medical doctor.
Preventing Dental Emergencies
Dental emergencies happen to most of us occasionally, but you can lower your risks by following a few simple guidelines.
To avoid toothaches brought by deep decay and infections:
- Brush and floss your teeth at least twice daily.
- Visit your dentist every six months for teeth cleanings and exams.
- Report oral health changes to your dentist promptly.
To lower your risks for trauma or tooth injury:
- Talk to your dentist if you grind and clench your teeth.
- Wear a mouthguard if you play competitive sports.
- Never use your teeth to twist open a bottle cap or something similar.
Contact Your Emergency Dentist in Madera, CA
Protecting your smile is always our top priority. If you have a dental emergency or suspect, you might reach out to us today.